Yes, I do plan early. Obsessively.
I'm an anxiety driven train wreck and I have a million lists scattered about the places I frequent, some tucked and forgotten, and Excel spread sheets for almost anything you can possibly need them for.
For a vacation trip, if even for a one night stay, requires at least three different lists, not including notes entered into my cellular phone of traveling clothes down to socks and their description.
For Christmas this year, I have three spreadsheets just for presents and many more for other categories.
The funny thing is I don't always adhere to my lists. Sometimes, my lists overlap, and sometimes, they contradict each other. Most of the time, they are left unchecked and errands are left undone. (However, I've been very good about Christmas. Presents will all be done by the 18th!)
What is most important to me is that I make them. Once something is written down or typed up, I can finally breathe a little better. Even if it's for a couple minutes until I find something else to worry about.
No comments:
Post a Comment