72 Hour Kits: Dollar Tree Finds

There are three backpacks to suit the needs of my size family. Ideally, each person needs their own emergency kit.
Most items will be triplicated, aside from clothing, shoes, type of entertainment, and things of that nature.

 All these *items below were stored in the front zippered pocket of our Embark backpacks with lots of room left. 

One Can Opener per backpack for canned foods. It has been said that some pop-top cans have been known to pop unexpectedly and I am not taking that chance.

Package of two Wisps per bag. These require no water or rinsing and are advertised as convenient travel toothbrushes with toothpaste. I'm debating on whether I should include two packs per bag and since I'm inclined to over-pack, I just might. Nevertheless, this is a good start.

These 2 ounce bottles of hand sanitizer came in packs of two, so I bought two and stored one per bag with one left over. They don't take much room, and I didn't think it would hurt to have them on hand.

One flashlight per pack. The colored rings on the flashlight coordinate with which backpack it belongs to. Each of our backpacks are of different colors.

Our flashlights require 2 AA batteries. Each kit has one package of 4 batteries.

One Sewing Kit per pack. This kit includes safety pins which I feel may be useful.

One First Aid Kit per bag. This kit just comes with bandages and alcohol wipes, so I will be on the look out for antibiotic ointment in small packages that I can slip into these cases.

 
*All items cost a dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment